Off Ice class with Coach Kelli will start on Thursday Sept. 6th and run every Thursday from 5:10-5:35. Cost is $10.00 per class. Please contact Coach Kelli to schedule firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each class will consist of core work, off ice rotation jumps, power development, and a 5 minute stretch cool down. Correctness of posture, balance, and head/arm take off positions and all around attention to detail will be emphasized. We will perform off-ice rotation in both directions, jump walk throughs and combination jumps. Plyometrics will be incorporated into the class, improving skaters’ agility, explosive power and core strength; key items for skaters to develop in order to execute the required moves as he/she moves through the challenging levels. The conditioning cycles surrounding competitions and performances will be considered throughout the year.
Participation in off class is imperative to a skater’s development. Having the strength and proper technique to handle a skater’s weight and speed at landing difficult jumps is of utmost importance.
Some info on Coach Kelli’s
- Member Professional Skaters Association (PSA) and United States Figure Skating Association (USFS)
- 20 years’ experience coaching figure skating
- 15 years’ experience in Professional Ice Shows portraying numerous roles including line captain, and principal pair understudy.
- Annually attends PSA and USFS conferences, seminars, and workshops to stay current on techniques and stay on the cutting edge of the sport. Every seminar includes off ice segments on injury prevention, conditioning cycles, adolescent development and strength development.
Off ice dance class with Coach Heather will begin on Tuesday September 3rd from 5:10-6 pm. Classes will be every Tuesday and cost will be $20 per class (no class 9/10).
Classes will consist of ballet training including barre and center exercises to work on developing core strength, lines, and extension. Proper ballet form and presentation will be emphasized during class. Music interpretation/contemporary dance will also be included to work on musicality and artistry. Skaters do not need to have prior ballet experience.
Info on Coach Heather:
- Professional Skaters Association and United States Figure Skating Association member and coach
- Pennsylvania State University: Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Dance minor
- Experience with ballet, modern, jazz, hip-hop, African, Argentine Tango, and Salsa dance styles
Former company member/performer in Ivyside Dance Ensemble