A message from Coach Kelli:
I will continue to offer Off ice class on Thursday evenings from September through June, immediately following the high ice time. The cost for off ice will be $10 per skater if 5 or more lessons are booked at one time. Lessons are $15/class for a walk in fee.
In order to make this class as productive and efficient as possible, please send ahead of time the dates you plan on attending. This can affect which exercises will be performed and if a second coach is needed.
The class will consist of plyomterics, off ice rotation for jumps, core stability work and stretching. The exercises are geared to toward figure skating injury prevention and strength training. I will be incorporating exercises from the S.T.A.R.S. (Standardized testing of Athleticism to Recognize Skaters) program and there will also be some visualization methods we will employ.
Please let me know the following if you haven’t already:
- Name of skater
- Level of skater (tests passed, etc.)
- Age of skater
- Frequency on the ice each week
Please be sure your skater wears ATHLETIC sneakers and pulls the hair out of the face and in a pony tail each class. Email Coaches Kelli at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Some info on Coach Kelli’s
- Member Professional Skaters Association (PSA) and United States Figure Skating Association (USFS)
- 20 years’ experience coaching figure skating
- 15 years’ experience in Professional Ice Shows portraying numerous roles including line captain, and principal pair understudy.
- Annually attends PSA and USFS conferences, seminars, and workshops to stay current on techniques and stay on the cutting edge of the sport. Every seminar includes off ice segments on injury prevention, conditioning cycles, adolescent development and strength development.
Off ice dance class with Coach Heather will begin on Tuesday September 17th from 5:10-6 pm. Classes will be every Tuesday and cost will be $15 per class (no class 9/10).
Classes will consist of ballet training including barre and center exercises to work on developing core strength, lines, and extension. Proper ballet form and presentation will be emphasized during class. Music interpretation/contemporary dance will also be included to work on musicality and artistry. Skaters do not need to have prior ballet experience.
Info on Coach Heather:
- Professional Skaters Association and United States Figure Skating Association member and coach
- Pennsylvania State University: Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Dance minor
- Experience with ballet, modern, jazz, hip-hop, African, Argentine Tango, and Salsa dance styles
Former company member/performer in Ivyside Dance Ensemble
Contact Heather with any questions of if you plan to attend at email@example.com
Saturdays at 9:45am-10:30am / $10 per class
Starts Sept 7th, 2019
Other class dates – 9/7, 9/14, 9/21, 9/28, 10/5, 10/19, 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/23, 12/7
This will be a weekly technique course to help skaters improve their jump technique to enable higher jumps, faster rotation, and in-air control. This will help develop jumping habits that are critical enablers for singles, doubles, and triples.
|Focus of Class
Info on Coach Willa:
· PSA and USFSA Member
· Former competitive ladies figure skater training under G2C Coach Darin Hosier, and choreographer Corrie Martin
· Experience competing at all levels through Senior Freeskate at the Regional and Sectional Levels
· USFSA Double Gold Medalist – Freestyle and Moves in the Field
· Former skater with Seattle Ice Theater and USC Ice Girls
Please reach out to your coach before and feel free to email me with any questions or to let me know you are coming – firstname.lastname@example.org.